what is UFE Seattle ?
UFE Seattle is the local chapter of the Union des Français de l’Etranger (Union of French Expatriates), a not-for-profit, apolitical and non-religious organization. UFE Seattle is recognized by the IRS as a 501c(3) since 2014. Contributions to the organization are therefore tax deductibles and can be matched by your company. Our EIN number is 45-4682929.
The UFE exists since 1927 and is present in 100 countries through more than 170 representations world-wide.
Our goal is to welcome, support and animate the French and French speaking community in the Puget Sound area. We are a resource for French-speaking people as well as for organizations looking to reach out, for non political and non religious reasons, to this community.
Amongst our actions are:
- Community-relevant social and educational events organized by ourselves or that other organizations organize and that we help promote
- Community-relevant news across multiple channels (this blog, social media and our weekly newsletter)
- Free services for new comers, job seekers, etc.
We work hand-in-hand with our partners in the regions for other non « day-to-day/private life » matters:
- The French Consular Agency of Seattle for French administration related aspects – https://www.facebook.com/consulfranceseattle
- The French American Chamber of Commerce of the Pacific Northwest, but business aspects – https://www.FACCPNW.org
- The French schools and cultural associations
To learn more about UFE you can visit (in French only, sorry) this site, the site of UFE world: www.UFE.org
For any question feel free to contact us (in English or French) at: contact@UFEseattle.org
If you have a job offer requiring fluent to native level French, we’d be happy to publicize it.