The French Immersion School of Washington is recruiting part time aides to supervise students (Pre-school and Elementary) extended care from 3pm to 6pm.
The ideal candidate must:
- Follow the school policy
- Enjoy working with children and be attentive to their needs
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and be a team player
- Be reliable and punctual
- Be able to implement and organize age appropriate games and activities
- Have good oral and written communication skills
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Active supervision of students ensuring student safety in all situations
- Planning and organization of varied educational and fun activities for students after school
- Preparation and distribution of snack after school
- Adherence to school and Washington State Department of Early Learning licensing policies and procedures
- Communication to the appropriate person and management of student behavior, injuries, and conflicts
- Providing social and emotional support to students and cultivating a respectful and responsible environment
- Adherence to the guidelines of positive discipline; assistance of students with problem solving and conflict resolution
Not required but desirable:
- Previous experience working with children
- Speaking French
The following training is required for the position and if not current will be done on the at the school’s expense:
- WA State Food Handler’s Permit
- First-Aid/CPR • HIV/Blood borne Pathogens
- STARS 30-hour Child Care Basics Course (within first 6 months of hire)
Benefits and Compensation Rate is competitive and paid on an hourly basis and benefits are not included.
Schedule: This position is for the coming school year from October 1st, 2018 to June 14, 2019
To apply please send a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position, a resume, and three professional references to Arnaud Hugonie, Assistant Head of School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FISW’s Mission FISW provides an excellent education in a welcoming environment that encourages critical thinking and curiosity.